Sunday, April 3, 2011

RAndom stuff...

I moved all my stuff out of the other apartment last Thursday... bought one of those vacuum-space-saving bags so that I could easily take my king-size duvet to the new apartment..I swear, those plastic bags are one of the most genius inventions ever! it Works! =) On Friday I handed over the keys to the realtor..I didn't find anyone to take over the other apartment, so I lost my deposit...what can I say, I learn the hard way---within economics, they call it SUNK COST, which- according to Wikipedia - is:

"....retrospective (past) costs that have already been incurred and cannot be recovered."..no use in crying over spilled milk, in other words=)

Everyday I learn new things.......about myself....last week, for instance, I realized how many similar belts I have.."same same, but different". Different combination of brown and gold..it never occurs to me - when Im in a store and am about to buy a brown&gold-colored belt - that I already have something similar at home, and that I therefore should look for another color...


But, when it comes to my wardrobe..I love colors =)..whenever I go shopping I go straight to the aisle that has the brightest colors..Im like a kid,,whenever I see bright and colorful things I go "OOoOo..that's so pretty...".. and then I kinda end up having a lot of the SAME stuff,,,in different colors..."same, same, but different".....right now I'm on a mission...I have a thing for trench coats and blazers....or, uhmm.......correction, jackets..I have a thing for jackets in general, but a have a handful of trench coats ....I have a yellow, beige, red, purple, and grey-blue-ish one---now I only need green, hot pink, and blue,,,then I promise, I won't buy more trench coats..I swear, I won't!


Onto something else...earlier today I found out that the sliding door that leads to the garden isn't locked, and never has been..whenever I've "locked" it, it has made the click-sound, which made me think that I'd locked the door---without checking to see whether it actually was locked or not...turns out, it's NOT. The landlords are on some business trip, and so for now all I can do is send an e-mail to the realtor and tell him to have a look at it on Monday..until then, I've used my imagination (and got a little inspiration from Macaulay Culkin i the movie "home alone") to solve the problem,,,,,



 if someone pulls the door,,the key will fall onto the floor, and I will (if you believe in miracles) wake up.....what I will(and can )do once I realize that there's an intruder in my apartment, however,  that's another story..lol =P...Hey, a girl's gotta do what she needs to do to feel safe, right? Even though its a false sense of security...By the way, I sleep with a bottle of mace next to my pillow..Before I came to IReland I watched a whole lot of "48 hours" which is a documentary about missing people, and everything that happened within the 48 hours they'd gone missing..in most cases, it wasn't random people that killed or kidnapped the victims, it was friends, neighbors or X/or current boyfriends...so I have my reasons for being paranoid.

Since I don't have internet or a TV in my apartment yet, I've been watching a whole lot of sex & the city (I got the complete collection of all seasons from my boyrfriend before I left). I gotta say, the more I watch it, the more I dislike Carrie Bradshaw...she's a complete home-wrecker...she keeps going back to an asshole (I don't care for "Mr.Big" even though they get married in the movie)..she continues to see him even though  Mr.Big gets married,,,and she cheats on her boyfriend...And, who the hell was the first to say that she has style, anyways? In most of the episodes, she wears stuff that is completely bizarre...like the episode I watched today, she wore a long skirt, a top that showed off her abs (yah, she has killer abs..gotta give her credit for that) and then a belt on her bare belly....can you imagine that?...she looked like a lunatic!,,,I don't care what people say, she looks like a complete idiot...and may I add that -in the show- she's over 35 years old...what sane person over 35 have you seen walking around the city with a top so short that it doesn't even manage to cover her bellybutton? lol..sorry girls, I don't like the woman.I love Samantha, though, cause she owns up to the way she lives.. but Carrie Bradshaw is just a Samantha pretending to be Charlotte. If there are guys reading this blogpost then let me translate (in case you don't watch the show=P)..Carrie Bradshaw is a promiscuous woman pretending to  be a decent lady...
.....Wow..an entire paragraph about sex & the city-..I obviously have too little to do nowadays..=P


..let's switch subject! Two weeks ago a woman knocked on my door saying that I needed to fill out a sheet,..from how I understand it, the IRish government is trying to get an overview of what people are doing...working? going to school? how far you live from your school/work? how much time is spent on public transportation....etc...I told the woman that I was moving out of there,,and she told me that I could fill out the form, and just leave it in the apartment so that whoever takes over next could give it to her when she came back to collect the forms...I told her "OK",,and then I closed the door and threw the sheet in the trash. Then my colleges told me that you could get a fine if you refused to fill it out...and I just had to take a picture of it...this is ridiculous! lol!



Read the last sentence under the title "legal obligation to participate"....

No comments:

Post a Comment