Saturday, October 25, 2014

Chowder and Kimchi

Recently, Chuma and I went to the Maldives and, as sad as it sounds, we were pretty excited about the selection of quality TV channels we had in the room. Here in Singapore, we only have the most basic package from Mio, which consist mainly of news channels....I mean- really- all kinds of news channels! (DW, -Deutche Weld, RT- Russia Today, CNA- channel news Asia...and the list goes on). So, needless to say, we would scan through all of the channels that the hotel had to offer. And, very often, we would stop at Cartoon Network...not because it was good entertainment. But, because it was SO weird, disturbing...and, just, mind boggling!


Here's an example (I HAD to take a picture of the TV screen, 'cause I wasn't sure if  anyone would believe me if I told them about it, lol).

Meet Kimchi.... (that's right,, you read it right; KIMCHI! lol). Kimchi is a brown colored stink cloud, who spends his/her nights in this cage. In the mornings, Kimchi is released from its cage - actually, Kimchi lets him/herself out....'cause, well...it's a "cloud"........... in a cage...

When Kimchi is out of its cage, all it spends its time doing is fart in people's faces! Yes...so, the entire episode that Chuma and I watched was mainly about Kimchi's "farts", and its friend named Chowder, who is the main character , and also the name of the TV show, by the way.

What are kids watching nowadays? Oh,  and here's the best part.. This show has won a prime time Emmy award!.... The plot of each episode is so bizarre.. I seriously think the writers were on crack or something when they wrote this. I've never tried any kind of drug, but I'm convinced that you'd have to be on drugs to write about the story of Chowder,  and his stink-cloud-pet-friend named Kimchi, which - for the record - is considered a delicacy in Korea.... Lol












No comments:

Post a Comment