Wednesday, May 16, 2012

No Longer Homeless

So,,, after befriending the agent, I've managed to find a completely new apartment to a very good price. ..Good in Singaporean terms, that is. The real estate market is ridiculously expensive. The demand is high..so high, that the government has recently added rules stating that foreigners who wishes to buy real estate must pay way much more tax (cant remember how much) than what they had to a year, or two ago.

Anyhow..when I say that I've befriended the agent..I really have. I'm supposed to check out of the hotel that I'm staying at on Saturday, but since we're going on a business trip to Manila tomorrow, I have to check out tomorrow morning. We won't be back until next wednesday, and my flight lands around midnight...which means that I would have to book into a hotel when I'm back in SG (The apartment I signed a contract to  apartment is unfurnished -no bed). However, the agent - whose name is Irene- took me to IKEA after I signed the contract. I bought what I needed, and she helped me get a bed (not from IKEA) for a good price. So, by the time I'm back from the Philippines, everything should be in order...*crossing my fingers*

IKEA sells chopsticks...


I took Irene out for dinner after the IKEA trip.,,or, technically, she took us..as she was the one driving. We went somewhere along the eastside by the beach, and ate delicious and spicy food..ahh,,so good! =)


Stuff I ate yesterday =P Hello fruitylicious stuff!!


Google Singapore shares a building with Citibank. In fact, only two of the floors belong to Google. The elevators are so high tech, it's annoying. First you have to scan your badge to get to the elevators..then you scan your badge (instead of clicking on a elevator button)--then the elevator beeps, and a letter and number is shown on a screen, which indicates which elevator you need to take...I don't even remember how many elevators there are, but if "D1" pops up,,you can be sure I'm running in circles, jumping from one elevator to another to find out which elevator is D1 ....then..by the time I find D1, the doors might close (cause they're so damn quick and efficient)...and then I need to scan my badge again. You're probably thinking "why not just jump into a random one?"...You CAN'T, you see...'cause there are no buttons INSIDE the elevator...you scan your badge, and it sends you to the floor you have access to...if you want to go to another floor (which you have access to) you have to choose this from the outside BEFORE scanning your badge,,if not,,it just sends you to where you're supposed to go...luckily,,there are elevator dudes there---I call them dudes,,but they're actually nice and uniformed gentlemen whose job basically is to get you into an elevator....lol...ahh,, technology..what can I say..





No comments:

Post a Comment